|Part 1: Zentangle Pattern Samplers
Create a set of 8 various sized, overlapping circles in sharpie, in your sketchbook. Fill each shape with a unique pattern using sharpie and trend pen. Don’t go too big – this is just tangle practice.
Create a zendala using a variety of patterns.
- Trace your circle shape in sharpie.
- Break down your circle into smaller, fluid shapes.
- Fill your shapes with patterns that incorporate sharpie and trend pen (thick and thin lines).
- Don’t forget to demonstrate shading/depth by:
- layering within your patterns,
- placing marks close together for shadows and spaced apart for highlights.
- contouring the form also works.